Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No Dark Corners

The past few weeks have been a mire of schoolwork! As I go through what could be the most difficult segment of my Undergraduate experience, I've been trying to hold on to my greatest commitment: Jesus. It's been rough, particularly now that business has allowed for parts of my sin nature to surface once more. Have you even encountered the same problem over and over again, not being able to make head nor tail of it? I'm right there this week. I'm so sick of myself, and the way that I approach life, but I feel like every time I throw down my life, I make it further away from my sins, but I just... can't... break free. So tonight, I came to a realization while looking up passages which concern prayer for my Herm class, and found something I'm not sure I've seen before: Luke 11:34-36. Part of this concerns the eyes, and what I allow myself to see, which in turn devastates my heart. What I choose to do with my eyes can wind up filling my entire body with darkness, and then I wonder why I am so distant from my Lord. I realize now that I can't possibly be the man that I'm meant to be if I don't first learn how to regulate what I observe with my eyes. Pray that I could soon be filled with light, and that my life would radiate the Light that lives in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment